The mouse is the most popular device. It is a very famous cursor-control hand-sized device which sends the signals to CPU when it is moved or any of its buttons are pressed. Nowadays the mouse comes with a small optical sensor at its base which senses its movement. Such a mouse is called optical mouse.
Generally, a mouse has two buttons called left and right button and a wheel (for scrolling) are present between the buttons. The mouse can be used to control the position of the cursor on the screen, but it cannot be used to enter text into the computer. A mouse as an essential device for the GUI (Graphical User Interface) based computers like window
- Left-click: Used to select an item.
- Double click: Used to start a program or open a file.
- Right Click: Usually used to display a set of commands.
- Drag and drop: It allows you to select and move an item from one location to another.
- Scroll: using the wheel to scroll documents and web pages on the screen.