A computer printer does not work until it is attached to the computer and its driver is installed. Following are the steps to install a new printer in window 7.
- Select the start menu and then go to the control panel.
- The control panel window will appear with some icons.
- Click on hardware and sound.
- Click on the printer button.
- The add printer setup wizard starts asking you to " How do you want to install your printer".Local, wireless or network.
- Under local printer, you can install the printer with LPT port with a USB cable.
- Select the USB cable and select "USB001" and then click on next.
- In the window, pick appropriate driver from the printer driver bu using the " Have Disk" option.
- After the driver is installed, your printer is ready to work.